Friday, May 18, 2012

Just Say No...to Dairy

My next experiment in the struggle for migraine prevention: dairy-free. I have tried many diets and have kept countless food diaries, but I have never really been able to pinpoint food triggers (with the exception of aspartame). A poster at the migraine forums I frequent shared a story about giving up dairy after being sick with food poisoning and inadvertently discovering that not consuming dairy products helped reduce the frequency of his migraines. So, I figured, I should give it a whirl. Why not?  What have I got to lose?  I don't enjoy milk anyway, though, cheese is going to be a hard one to give up. And I realize that I'll have to study food labels to weed out any hidden dairy or milk additives. But, I will do anything to get some relief, so here I go again...

1 comment: