Monday, July 23, 2012

Eliminate This (and that..and this...and this, and that...)

Well, I failed at my dairy-free diet I mentioned a month or so ago. I did really well for a week or two, then, I just gave up. I figured it was not really working, so, I said, "eh," shrugged my shoulders and reached for the ice cream. Not my most shining moment... In any event, I have come to the conclusion that I need to, seriously this time, look to my diet for any insight into what is causing these daily migraines. So, I have decided on an elimination diet, where I will eliminate ALL common migraine triggers (including caffeine and chocolate--yikes!) for a full two months. During those months, I will continue to keep a food diary and, of course, a headache calendar/diary. After the two months are up, I will slowly add foods back in, giving each food a one-week trial to see if it is a trigger or not. Eventually, I should be able to identify some triggers and, then, I can avoid them in the future. This will take a long time, but, I'm desperate, I have to be willing to go the distance, right?  This is going to be difficult. No, not difficult. This is going to be friggin' Hell. But, I cannot take the pain any more. I have to do something...

If you would like to take this turbulent journey with me, here is a link to a list of the foods that I will be eliminating (including, gulp...coffee! Lord, help me!): http://altmedicine.about.com/od/popularhealthdiets/a/migrainediet.htm

Also, if you have done or are doing an elimination diet, I'd love to hear about it....please feel free to comment here or e-mail me at: chelle8178@gmail.com or on Facebook at Migraine Awareness.

No comments:

Post a Comment