Thursday, September 20, 2012

Pushing the Limits


Since the last post, I have begun taking Tae Kwon Do classes. I was very hesitant, at first, because I was so afraid that doing TKD would trigger a migraine. But, I pushed myself. I pushed myself for three reasons, one--I need the exercise and the gym is getting way too boring, two--TKD is a great sport for fitness as well confidence-building and self-esteem and, after being locked in the house in pain and depression for so long, I need something to help me get back to myself and to become stronger, and three--I am so sick of living in fear! I have done that for so long--too long! I have closed myself off from my friends, my family, my life...I don't want to live like that anymore. I can't. I won't.
So far, Tae Kwon Do has been wonderful! The work out is awesome and learning the moves and forms is challenging and fun. And ya know what? The migraines are still attacking daily, but they have been for many, many months. However, now I just don't lie down, pop some pills and suffer the pain. I keep moving as long as I am able. And, if I have to lie down, I do it knowing that I tried, that I am doing what is best for me, that I did not just surrender.

No comments:

Post a Comment