Thursday, April 18, 2013

No, I Don't Wear Shades at Night because I Think I Look Cool

If you're a migraine sufferer, sensitivity to light is probably part of your M.O. You probably sleep with an eye mask and where sunglasses indoors wherever there is fluorescent or other harsh lighting, right?  So, you know what I am talking about. Sometimes you get caught wearing your sunglasses at night, and people look at you, quizzically, wondering if you think you are just too cool for school. I don't drive in the dark with sunglasses on, honestly, I try to avoid driving at night whenever I can. But, when I have to, I do keep my sunglasses handy in case of have to stop at a floodlight oasis for gas or I have to run into a WalMart or Meijer or other such fluorescent lit store. And, if I am at the movies, you will definitely see me wearing my shades in the dark theater. Why?  Because the light from the screen seers into my eyes and causes a migraine. So, next time you see someone like me donning shades in a darkened theater or while browsing the frozen food section, don't assume that we are silly or think we're cool or weird or have bad eye sight. Better yet, don't assume anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment