Sunday, March 4, 2012

Freaky Fluke?

Yesterday, midmorning, I felt a migraine coming on and my nose was really crusty and dry and stuffed up, as it has been for months it seems (TMI??). Anyway, I grabbed the ole Neti pot and, well, ya know..
I could not believe it.. that migraine I felt coming on, disappeared! Later that day, the migraine did return and Ole Neti did not take it away. Ole Zomig had to come to the rescue, but Ole Neti did buy me a few hours, so I am vowing to use it at least a few time a day every day and see if regular use may actually make a difference in my migraines. I am hoping that it will, that yesterday's experience with it was more than just a freaky fluke. Time will tell.

Interestingly enough, there are other people out there who swear by using neti pots as part of their migraine treatment or prevention regime. Check this article out from the Chicago Trib:  http://www.chicagotribune.com/health/sc-health-0817-pharm-20110817,0,1218533.story

3 comments:

  1. Feels kinda funny commenting on my own post, but rather than posting a whole new post on the same thing, I thought I'd do an update this way, keep things all in one place, ya know? Anyway, I've been Neti pottin' it up 3-4 times a day, and I think it is helping a little, but I am still getting the migraines every day. Sigh... This morning I woke up with the worst one thus far since starting the Neti regimen. I think this one has A LOT to do with the fact that two days ago it was snowing and now it is sunny and nearing 60 degrees! I will continue using the Neti pot, though. I figure, it can't hurt, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update #2 on the Neti pot: "Freaky fluke" confirmed. After using it religiously for almost a month, I think I can say that it does squat for the migraines. Back to the drawing board..

    ReplyDelete
  3. good to know. I use it from time to time, I get the bad migraine 2-3 times a year, I was wonder if neti pot helps. Have you tried Butterbur or feverfew?

    ReplyDelete