Thursday, February 16, 2012

Morning Malaise

My frequent companion, Insomnia, kept me company last night. I was up till almost four in the morning; at first, lying in bed, trying desperately to sleep, wiling my racing thoughts to halt; then, I was planted on the couch watching episode after episode of Teen Mom on Netflix--a show I had never watched before and one that I feel a little abashed about admitting to having watched. I just could not sleep. I had to do something. I tried reading, but my eyes would not focus, so that cut out writing and drawing--two of my other favorite nocturnal pastimes. So, bad TV it was. Anyway, after spending....er...wasting the night this way, I was not at all surprised that I woke up this morning with a killer migraine. Also, it is really foggy here, and the weather plays a big factor in my migraines. Any noticeable fluctuations in temperature of barometric pressure and I am sunk! The pain this morning is about 8/10. It is located on the left side, primarily, this time and my neck is stiff, my whole body aches, I am extremely fatigued, dizzy, I have puked a few times already and feel nauseated still. Luckily, the Maxalt dissolves under my tongue, so I don't have to worry about keeping it down.  My poor son, I wish he didn't have to see his mother like this. He is too young to understand. All he knows is that Mommy is too sick to play cars right now...

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know. I wish you didn't. I don't want you to have to worry about me. I do love how you try to take care of me, though.

      Delete