Tuesday, February 14, 2012

We Meet Again

I managed to make it till about 4 this afternoon before the migraine hit, no aura this time. It just hit me out of nowhere. On the 1-10 pain scale, 10 being the worst pain ever, this one is only about a 5-6, so not too bad. Bad enough to make it difficult to deal with kids and complete my necessary duties, however, especially with the accompanying symptoms. Sensitivity to light and sound, ringing in the ears, nausea, blurred vision, vertigo and dizziness, as well as tingling limbs joined the party. Hubby brought home Maxalt for me, my old friend. I had been taking Zomig in lieu of Maxalt because it is stronger than Maxalt and I only need half a Zomig at a time, so I can make it last. And, since Maxalt and Zomig cost the same with insurance and insurance only allows nine of each a month and the Zomig I can cut in half, the Zomig is a better bargain--I am such a savvy shopper--I know! Anyway, I decided to take the Maxalt tonight since I have been taking the Zomig for about two months straight. It worked pretty well. My migraine was down to a level 2-3/10 in less than two hours, the others symptoms cleared up, too, except for the tingling limbs, especially in my feet, but I think that's the Topomax. The dizziness also remained, actually, it increased, the Maxalt will do that. The sensitivity to light and sound is always there; I have to be really careful about that. Bright lights or sharp noises will send me into a migraine in an instant!  About twenty minutes ago, I felt the migraine creeping back, so I took an Ibuprofen 800mg. That was enough to knock it back down, at least for the moment. I am feeling really tired and dizzy; hopefully, I can go to sleep soon and won't have to repeat the Maxalt.

No comments:

Post a Comment